For our first craft, we’re honoring dear old (or young) dad. I decided to go with the classic (and relatively easy) project of foot and hand prints. You will need the following supplies for this project:
If you do not have a Fiskars Paper Trimmer, I highly recommend picking one up (if you have a JoAnn Fabrics near you, you will mostly likely be able to get one for less than $10 with their weekly coupons. I get a coupon texted to my phone pretty much every Thursday). It makes getting straight lines a dream. Of course, scissors will do for this project if you have a steady hand. Cut out four (4) 5.25” by 7.25” rectangles.
Danae let me borrow her Little Man for this project. So we covered her kitchen counter with paper bags and set up the paint and paper. Danae held Little Man while I painted his left foot with Martha Stewarts’s Satin Acrylic Craft Paint in Deep Sea. Then we pressed his foot onto each rectangle without reapplying paint to get a range of prints. A wet paper towel and the kitchen sink was handy to clean him up.
We took a little break (about an hour, because we got to talking) to let the foot prints dry before moving onto his hand. Hands are the tricky part (prepare to get messy) and Little Man could only have so much patience for us. But he stuck it out with us while I painted his hands with Martha Stewarts’s Satin Acrylic Craft Paint in Root Beer Float and spread his hand open onto each paper.
Danae liked #3 the best. I let it dry for about 48 hours before writing on it. I wrote very lightly in pencil first, and then went over that with the Micron. I used the .05 because that’s what I had on hand, but I wish I had bought the .08 for this.
Let the ink dry for another 48 hours before you attempt to erase the pencil. I recommend using a kneaded eraser instead of the eraser on the back of your pencil. It looks like grey putty and you can find it by the charcoal and pencils in your local craft store. It leaves a lot cleaner image behind than your standard pink eraser. After that I lined up the print behind the matte and secured it with a two small pieces of painters tape.
And voila! The finished project: